This 4-bedroom, 4-full- and 2-half bath, brick, Colonial Revival-style house was built in 1946-48 and designed by master architect Julius Gregory. It has 3 wood-burning fireplaces and enjoys a secluded, level and spacious backyard plus separate servant’s quarters (or possible private office) currently used as a fitness room with its own bathroom.
Standout features include: a welcoming center hall with an elegant, curved staircase; living room with fireplace and bay-window seat; large formal dining room; renovated eat-in kitchen with marble countertops and floors, a farm sink and stainless-steel appliances (Sub-Zero refrigerator, 6-burner Garland stove and 2 Bosch dishwashers); windowed walk-through breakfast room; library with built-in knotty-pine bookshelves; master bedroom suite with fireplace, walk-in dressing area and French doors to its own private sun deck; master bathroom with double-sink vanity, free-standing soaking tub and separate shower.
The finished lower level includes a family room with a fireplace, wet bar and wine cellar, a large 2nd kitchen with laundry, and a storage room. Three sets of French doors open to the outside. There are pull-down stairs to a storage attic, and there is 4-zone HVAC.
The spacious backyard has a grassy lawn with an inactive fountain and a secluded dining patio with a wall fountain. There is a private multicar driveway leading back to a stone-and-brick motor court and an attached 2-car garage. The property measures 80 by 150 ft. (or 0.28 acres).
Conveniently located for shops, well-known private schools (Horace Mann, Fieldston and Riverdale Country School), the vast greenery of Van Cortlandt Park and transportation to Manhattan (including express buses and the No. 1 subway train).